Should you provide us personal data of third parties, for example an employee, an inventor, then you are to inform them about this policy before you do so.
Content of this policy:
I. Responsible for data processing
The responsible for data processing is DenK iP bv, located in Gent (Hundelgemsesteenweg 1116, 9820 Merelbeke). A second office is located in Boortmeerbeek (Leuvensesteenweg 203, 3190 Boortmeerbeek).
The company number of DenK iP bv BE0809963559.
II. Lawful basis for data processing
DenK iP processes data of its clients, the employees of its clients and, if necessary, people from whom DenK iP receives information through its client, for following purposes:
- Providing its services: studying patentability of inventions, writing patent applications, providing advice, filing and following-up patent applications, communicating with patent authorities, all on your request.
- Communicating with you (via telephone, email or post) with respect to these services, including asking and receiving your instructions, informing you about the status of your file, passing you information from official authorities etc.
- Informing you about developments with respect to patents or intellectual property in general, or about company specific useful information (holidays etc.) for example by sending a newsletter or by organizing seminars.
- Invoicing and the follow-up thereof.
The lawful basis for processing:
- When you are our client, processing personal data (as mentioned below) is necessary for the performance of the contract between you and us for delivering our services.
- When you are an employee of our client and you are the contact person, processing your personal data is necessary for the purpose of legitimate interest pursued by our client in order to optimize its IP and therefore relies on our services.
- When we received your personal data through our client (for example because you are an inventor), processing your personal data is necessary for the purpose of legitimate interest pursued by our client in order to optimize its IP and therefor relies on our services.
- With regard to processing and using mail addresses for sending newsletters and invitations to seminars, we believe it is necessary for the purpose of legitimate interest of DenK iP in order to inform its clients about developments in intellectual property rights in general and company specific information (holidays etc.).
We believe that the legitimate interest of our client and DenK iP preponderates over the interests of the individual people involved. If you wish your data not to be processed for the purpose of this interest, please do not hesitate to contact us.
Having received your electronical contact details in the context of our services, we assume that we can use these details in order to inform you about our services, patents and intellectual property rights in general, through the use of electronical newsletters. You will have the opportunity to “unsubscribe” with every newsletter you receive, should you no longer wish to receive them.
III. Data that are being processed
- First name and last name
- Function or qualification
- Phone number
- Email address
- Phone number
- Legal form
- VAT number
In the occurring event:
- Manner in which intellectual property rights were obtained
- Other file related data
Certain data will necessarily have to be processed by DenK iP in order for us to provide you the requested service(s). This concerns data that should obligatory be mentioned on a patent application and data necessary for invoicing.
IV. Duration of data processing
We only keep your personal data as long as needed for follow-up of active files or for any possible future services and, after termination of our cooperation, as long as necessary for fiscal or legal purposes.
V. Categories of recipients of personal data and transmission
Under certain circumstances, we will pass your data to third parties.
This will be the case when specific personal data will have to be passed in the context of the services requested by you: official authorities (abroad) and/or foreign agents (service providers) will receive your data from us f.e. for filing a patent application.
Please note that certain data (your name, address and nationality) will be published by the official authority because this is part of the filing procedure.
You might request for patent protection outside of the EU. Protection of your personal data might not be equally adequate there. Passing certain personal data to official authorities and/or foreign agents might be a necessary condition for and consequence of your request. In that case, passing your personal data outside of the EU will be limited to what is absolutely necessary to fulfill your service request.
VI. Your rights
You have legal rights with respect to the processing of your personal data:
- You have the right to access your personal data and to request rectification thereof;
- You have the right to request erasure of personal data and restriction of processing of personal data;
- If legitimate interest would be invoked for processing, you have the right to object to such processing;
- You have the right to request transmission of your data to a third party.
Within one month after receiving your privacy related question, we will provide an answer. If, for any reason, we are not able to go into your request, we will inform you about the reason.
VII. Contact in case of privacy related questions
Should you have any questions concerning this policy, or if you wish to exercise your rights, please do not hesitate to contact us, via email or telephone.
You can either contact your patent attorney at DenK iP directly or contact us through the details you can find on the contact page of our website https://denkip.com.
Should you have any complaints about the way we handle your data, you can contact the data protection authority.